1. ‘Lawless’ — Tom Hardy, Shia LaBeouf and Jessica Chastain star in this gritty Prohibition-era yarn about a trio of brothers who dominate their county’s bootlegging business until a nasty new deputy (Guy Pearce) comes to put a bloody end to their business.
2. ‘The Possession’ — Catholics have been exorcising demons for the big screen pretty regularly since “The Exorcist,” but now, the Jewish people get to expel an evil spirit from a young girl who becomes obsessed with a box that contains a dibbuk — a spirit that devours a human host.
3. ‘Premium Rush’ — “The Dark Knight Rises” co-star Joseph Gordon-Levitt takes center stage in this high-energy thriller about a bike messenger who finds he’s carrying a package that everyone seems to want.
4. ‘The Apparition’ — “Twilight” star Ashley Greene plays a student setting out to prove that the mind can conjure a ghost. She’s successful at doing that, unfortunately for her.
5. ‘Hit and Run’ — Real-life couple Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell star in this film about a reformed criminal whose bank-robbing buddies return to settle a debt.
6. ‘The Expendables 2’ — Sylvester Stallone once again leads an all-star cast of some of the biggest action stars around in this testosterone-fueled romp about a group of mercenaries.
7. ‘ParaNorman’— In the tradition of quirky children’s films comes “ParaNorman,” a stop-motion flick about a boy who is tasked with saving his town from an undead uprising.
8. ‘Sparkle’— This film stars Whitney Houston — in her last performance on the big screen — as Emma, a single mother raising Sparkle (Jordin Sparks) and two other daughters who dream of stardom.
9. ‘The Bourne Legacy’ — The “Bourne” franchise gets another installment, this time featuring budding action star Jeremy Renner.
10. ‘The Campaign’ — Incumbent North Carolina congressman Cam Brady (Will Ferrell) receives a challenge from corporate puppet Marty Huggins (Zach Galifianakis) for re-election.