Rooting out the exotic amid the New York City bar scene is noble quest.
But if you’d like to have it all come to you, just for one night, next week's sixth annual Good Beerevent will bring together the best craft breweries (Allagash, KelSo, Ommegang, Lagunitas, etc.), paired with some of the city’s best food (Gramercy Tavern, Chapter One, Monument Lake, etc.)
Here’s a sneak peek of five dishes to get you thinking about what brew you’ll choose to go with them:
1. Oatmeal and ice cream Guinness float (Almond)
2. Smoked pork ribs with a bourbon-molasses glaze and grilled sweet corn relish (Chapter One)
3. Sloppy fish tacos, blackened fish with fennel coleslaw and salsa verde (L&W Oyster Co.)
4. Maine shrimp rolls from (Luke's Lobster)
5. Beer caramel pretzel nuggets made with Brooklyn Brewery beer and Martin's Handmade Pretzels (Roni-Sue's Chocolates)
The event takes place Thursday, July 31, from 6-9 p.m. at 82 Mercer (82 Mercer St.). Tickets are $65, and all attendees must be 21 and over. For more information, visit Edible Manhattan.