By all accounts, Casey Affleck should be celebrating his Oscar win for Best Actor. I mean he probably is. Bad juju doesn’t stop this man. But the “Manchester By The Sea” star, who opted for a decidedly caveman chic look at Sunday’s awards, has something else to worry about.
The younger Affleck has been pretty vocal about his distaste for President Trump, going so far as to call his policies “un-American” at the Independent Spirit Awards. Turns out, though, Affleck’s production company actually donated to the president’s transition team, and according to Vulture, Affleck claims he didn’t know a thing about it.
Buzzfeed confronted the 41-year-old actor with federal filings that included a $5,000 donation from Affleck and the Middleton Project to the $6.5 million Trump for America Fund. Affleck quickly responded with a statement, saying “I am appalled that a donation may have been made in my company’s name by someone I work with. I had no knowledge of it, was never asked and never would have authorized it.”
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
The question is, of course: does any of this even matter? Affleck seems to have dodged those sexual harassment allegations, so I don’t think his production company throwing money at Trump is going to have any effect on his career. He literally just won an Oscar.
But sure. He's "appalled."