After five years of dating, Lena Dunham and Jack Antonoff have broken up. Color us not surprised!
Sources tell People that the split was amicable. The “Girls” creator and the Bleachers frontman met on a blind date, set up by Antonoff’s sister, designer Rachel Antonoff, and comedian Mike Birbiglia in 2012.
Before splitting, they both appeared to be toying with the idea of marriage, with Dunham, 31, telling Ellen DeGeneres in 2015, “I mean, we own a dog together. We own a home together, btu the marriage thing is a big deal.”
Antonoff, 33, told New York Magazine that marriage “seems like the most fun thing in the world,” but also, “It’s hard to imagine when the right time is, because things are so crazy at the moment.”
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
That’s all well and good, but I can think of pleeeeeenty of different reasons why the professionally problematic Dunham and Antonoff opted to settle comfortably into the town of Splitsville, USA. Take a walk with me down memory lane, won't you?
1. That time she compared Gawker and Jezebel to having an abusive husband. Like, what?
247. That time she defended an alleged rapist, Murray Miller, because he’s her friend, and victim blamed Aurora Perrineau.
3,903. That time she said, out loud, “I still haven’t had an abortion, but I wish I had,” to prove how cool and understanding she is.
40,198. That time she got mad that Odell Beckham Jr. didn’t want to throw a bone in her at the Met Gala.
592,391. That time she compared Bill Cosby’s rape scandal to the Holocaust, because humor!
1,000,000. That time Dunham told Antonoff, “No one would be calling me a racist if they knew how badly I wanted to f— Drake," and he responded, "Don't say that in public” — but she still made it anecdotal to prove how "much" she's "grown."
So, yeah. Sounds about right.