John Cena and Nikki Bella are calling it quits.
"While this decision was a difficult one, we continue to have a great deal of love and respect for one another," the couple told the publication. "We ask that you respect our privacy during this time in our lives."
Although Cena and Bella haven't said much about what contributed to the end of their high-profile relationship, which has been documented over the years on the E! reality series "Total Divas," they both took to their social media accounts over the weekend to express their feelings over the matter.
Why did John Cena and Nikki Bella break up?
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Cena seemed particularly bummed over the break up, as he shared a pair of posts on Instagram that hinted at his dismay about the relationship ending.
Cena also shared a tweet on Monday morning about withstanding hardships that seemingly referred to his recent break up with Bella.
Hardship, loss, and humility are extremely difficult waters to navigate, but perseverance thru them builds a strength to withstand anything life throws your way.— John Cena (@JohnCena) April 16, 2018
Bella took to social media as well over the weekend, telling her fans that they love them while also sharing a copy of the statement they gave to US Weekly.
While it's unclear what exactly led to the break up, some are speculating that part of the reason has to do with their differing thoughts on parenthood. According to People, Cena has been against the idea, even though Bella has voiced her dreams of being a mom over the years.
The subject has come up a few times during their appearances on "Total Divas."