1. Nicki Minaj ruled the rap and hip-hop categories, winning the Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Album
award for her “Pink Friday.”She was also crowned the Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Artist.
2. Ground control to Katy Perry: David Bowie may be a fashion icon, but you picked the wrong era of his to channel as you performed “The One That Got Away” at the show. Perry did go on to win a Special Achievement Award for being the first female artist to score five No. 1 singles off the same album, but still, you know, nobody would mind if the whole blue bangs and cupcake boobs phase went on forever.
3. Mary J. Blige stunned the red carpet in a Roberto Cavalli sin- gle-sleeved leopard print gown.
4. Kelly Clarkson was all old-school glamor in a red sequined dress, singing “Mr. Know It All.”
5. David Hasselhoff popped up on stage with LMFAO and stripped down to his underwear during their performance of “Party Rock Anthem.”
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
6. Glowing in a golden mesh Reem Acra strapless gown, Taylor Swift was the big winner of the night, bagging three awards, including Artist of the Year.
7. A very pregnant (and very beautiful) Beyonce was unable to receive her award for Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist in person, as she was in New York hosting a screening of her new concert film, “Live at Roseland.”