The classic Old Fashioned doesn’t need any jiggering, but we’re willing to concede Maria Polise’s version sounds pretty good. The mixologist at Ela (627 S. 3rd St.) is pouring a version with Knob Creek, strawberries and mint.
- Fire devastates Notre-Dame, beloved architectural gem at heart of Paris11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
1 1/2 part Knob Creek bourbon
3/4 part Amaro Averna
3/4 part Carpano Antica
2 dashes Bittermens Xocolatl Mole bitters
1 bar spoon of simple syrup
1 Strawberry, sliced
1 Sprig of mint
1. Combine the strawberry and simple syrup in an Old Fashioned glass and muddle.
2. Add Knob Creek Bourbon, Amara Averna, Carpano Antica and bitters with ice to the glass and stir until diluted.
3. Garnish with a sprig of mint.