Even a major restaurant chain with locations around the world appreciates a good kitchen hack. Hard Rock Cafe figured out that if you put booze and fruit in a French press and then press it tableside, it both creates a refreshing summer cocktail and makes you look cool.
Pour yourself a glass and leave the rest in the press, so the drink becomes even juicier for the next round.
At Hard Rock, order one of these:
• Tropical Pineapple Press: Fresh pineapple chunks and lemon pressed together with Bacardi Mango Fusion Rum, Finest Call Mango Puree and housemade lemonade.
• Watermelon Wave Press: Bacardi Dragonberry Rum, Cointreau Orange Liqueur, Finest Call Watermelon Puree, housemade lemonade, fresh lemon and strawberries.
• Blues Berry Press: Bacardi Wolfberry Rum, homemade lemonade, fresh blueberries, blueberry puree and lemon.
Entertaining guests this summer? Make a French press cocktail at home with Hard Rock Cafe's simple recipe:
Blues Berry Press
3 Lemon wedges
1 oz. Blueberry puree
3 oz. Bacardi Wolfberry Rum
7 oz. Lemonade
7 oz. Lemon-lime soda
1. Add fruit and puree to the French press.
2. Lightly muddle the fruit in the bottom of the press before adding liquid ingredients.
3. Add all remaining ingredients. Insert depressor and lid.
4. Slowly press depressor to the bottom of French press to incorporate the fruit.