It's been several years since Mel Gibson went on a public anti-Semitic rant, telling a cop that the Jews are responsible for all the wars in the world. Gary Oldman, star of such films as "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban" and the upcoming "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes," is still upset about it. He's not mad at Mel - he thinks we've all lost our sense of humor about racism.
"No one can take a joke anymore," Oldman, whose last name has never seemed more apt, told Playboy."I don’t know about Mel. He got drunk and said a few things, but we’ve all said those things. We’re all f---ing hypocrites. That’s what I think about it. The policeman who arrested him has never used the wordn----- orthat f---ing Jew? I’m being brutally honest here. It’s the hypocrisy of it that drives me crazy. Or maybe I should strike that and say 'theNword' and 'theFword,' though there are twoFwords now."
Uh... I do not think that it's 100% accurate that "we've all said those things." I never have. I've certainly never called anyone "That f---ing Jew," except possibly myself, as in, "Who has two thumbs and makes great potato pancakes? This f---ing Jew," but I don't think that's what Gary Oldman means. In Gary Oldman's world, everyone says casually anti-Semitic things - he and Mel Gibson just have the moral fortitude to do so publicly.
Oh, and homophobic things too. Oldman also leapt to the defense of Alec Baldwin, who recently called a photographer a homophobic slur. "Alec calling someone an F-A-G in the street while he’s pissed off coming out of his building because they won’t leave him alone. I don’t blame him. So they persecute. Mel Gibson is in a town that’s run by Jews and he said the wrong thing because he’s actually bitten the hand that I guess has fed him—and doesn’t need to feed him anymore because he’s got enough dough. He’s like an outcast, a leper, you know? But some Jewish guy in his office somewhere hasn’t turned and said, 'That f---ing kraut' or “F--- those Germans,' whatever it is? We all hide and try to be so politically correct."
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
Not all of us, apparently! Gary Oldman seems to be hiding very little.