They may live in Manhattan and Brooklyn, but Hannah, Shoshanna, Jessa and Marnie are visiting Springfield - in spirit, at least.
They won't be the same characters, but the "Girls" actresses will play their Springfield alter egos in the season 27 premiere, reports Entertainment Weekly.
The episode's plotline will follow Homer when Marge files for divorce, and he starts dating a young pharmacist named Candace, who will be voiced by Lena Dunham. Homer will meet Candace's friends, as well - played, of course, by Allison Williams, Zosia Mamet and Jemima Kirke.
Executive producer Al Jean told EW, “We’re having a 'Girls' re union, even though 'Girls' is still on the air." He added that the "Girls" are not wild about Homer. He said, “T hey’re asking her the question that anybody normally would: ‘Why Homer?,’fulfilling the role that Patty and Selma have played on the show all these years.”
The episode will air on Sunday at 8 p.m.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Click here to see what the "Girls" will look like on their "Simpsons" debut.