A new dating survey might bring good news for singles who don’t have a ton of cash.
According to a survey this week from Zoosk.com, an online dating service, the majority of single women say they prefer free dates.
The survey reports that 72 percent of single ladies had a successful date focused around a free activity.
- PHOTOS: Massachusetts residents make first retail marijuana purchases 12 Pictures
- Prepare for GoT season 8 with this Game of Thrones whisky 8 Pictures
This may be good news for city dwellers, where many free activities, from music to yoga, are available in the summer.
But the cheaper dating only goes so far – 61 percent of both men and women agree that you should not use a coupon while out on a date.
The survey says:
About 64 percent of men say they spend more money on dating during the summer.
But 68 percent of women say they prefer a less expensive date.
And 56 percent of women say dating is less expensive in the summer.
Where to go?
Mademan.com managing editor Steve Mazzuccchi provided these five affordable-dating suggestions:
1. Park or beach. Bring wine, cheese and a blanket.
2. Hiking, biking or another adventure, with the bonus of exercise.
3. Free outdoor entertainment events.
4. Small-time sports can be cheaper, like a minor-league matchup.
5. Home-cooked food, like pasts.