Gwyneth Paltrow's making quite a name for herself as an over-sharer. Or maybe all her Goop posting about uncoupling from Chris Martin gave a taste for divulging that she found she liked. The "View from the Top" star decided to continue her campaign of candor during a visit to Howard Stern's satellite radio show. For instance, care to learn more about the demise of her engagement to Brad Pitt? "I was such a kid. I was 22 when we met. It's taken me until 40 to get my head out of my ass," she says. "You can't make that decision [to get married] when you're 22 years old … . I wasn't ready, and he was too good for me … . I didn't know what I was doing."
But totally not too good for her? Ex-boyfriend Ben Affleck. "He was not in a good place in his life to have a girlfriend," Paltrow says of their relationship, though she does at least deign to approve of Affleck's eventual choice of a wife, Jennifer Garner. "Not only is she beautiful [but] she is so warm and she cooks and is so into her kids. And she’s hilarious," she says. "I had a girls' dinner before the summer and she came over. She’s my neighbor. I really like her a lot." So now you know.
Follow Ned Ehrbar on Twitter: @nedrick
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures