James Franco and Lindsay Lohan deserve each other, I think. Both of them seem addicted to the spotlight, and neither has any qualms about involving other people in their nonsense. Case in point: James Franco wrote a "short story" about Lohan for Vice's fiction issue.
It's not just about Lohan - Franco fills the piece with anecdotes about his life in Hollywood, circa 2011. By calling it fiction, I'm sure he intends us to ask ourselves what's real and what's made up, which, to be fair, I totally am. The bulk of the piece is about Lindsay Lohan - I'm sorry, "Lindsay Lohan" - letting herself into
James Franco's the narrator's Chateau Marmont bungalow to hit on him. He reads her stories instead of sleeping with her, until she falls asleep. That much Franco has relayed in interviews as fact. But what about the details we haven't heard about before? Here are a few I'm curious about, despite knowing that my curiosity would please James Franco.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 36 Pictures
- Did Lindsay Lohan really pound on Franco's door, yelling that he was a "bookworm punk blogger f-----?"
- Did James Franco really turn in his sullen Oscar hosting performance because he wasn't allowed to dress up as Cher and sing "You Haven't Seen the Last of Me?"
- Did Lindsay Lohan really spread false rumors that photographer Terry Richardson was shooting a sex book with Lohan and Franco?
- Will Lindsay Lohan sue him?
I don't really approve of kissing and telling (or reading Salinger and telling), but I have to admit that I'd get through a lot more New Yorker fiction if it was all like James Franco's Lohan fanfic.