Now that Amber Heard and Johnny Depp have been punished for their whole smuggling teacup Yorkies into Australia on a private jet thing — and released a painfully stilted apology video about it — the "Pirates of the Caribbean" star apparently thinks it's time to go ahead and make light of the whole ordeal. Because why not? It's all behind us, right?
While in London to promote his new film, "Alice Through the Looking Glass," Depp couldn't help but make a quip about the whole mess, telling press in faux-seriousness that he "would really like to apologize for not smuggling my dogs into England because it would've been a bad thing to do" during a press conference. "I'm going to do this everywhere I go." Is it me, or is he not really taking this whole thing seriously?
Follow Ned Ehrbar on Twitter @nedrick
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures