A man was found dead of a gunshot wound Monday in the home Olivia Newton-John owns with her husband John Easterling. According to the Palm Beach Post, the 42-year-old man, whose name has not been released, was a contractor who had been doing construction on the house.
Newton-John and her husband were not at the house, which is located in the small affluent Florida town of Jupiter Inlet Colony, at the time of the man's death. Police were summoned to the home at 12:15 p.m. Monday. Jupiter Inlet Colonypolice spokesman Scott Pascarella declined to say whether the man had committed suicide until after today's autopsy, buttold the Palm Beach Post that the death was under investigation by local police.
Newton-John is no stranger to shocking tragedies: In 2005, her then-boyfriend Patrick McDermott disappeared from a crowded fishing vessel in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of California. Investigators never determined if he'd fallen overboard, been murdered or staged his own disappearance.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures