Mariah Carey is one of the best-selling female artists of all time. She leads a glamorous life full of red carpet events and multiplatinum hits, and soon she'll be married to a billionaire.
But the pop superstar’s family life is far from perfect. Over the weekend, her estranged sister, Alison Carey, was arrested for prostitution in Saugerties, N.Y.
According to US Weekly, Alison was working out of a local hotel for a week, using online ads to attract customers. The Daily Freeman reported one of the ads even referenced lyrics to Mariah’s hit song, “Fantasy.”
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
When she was arrested, Alison identified herself as Mariah’s sister, but the two have been estranged.
Earlier this year, Alison, who is also HIV-positive, begged Mariah for help in a video plea released by The Daily Mail: “Mariah I love you, and I desperately need your help, please don’t abandon me like this.”
What would you do if you were Mariah?