While it's unclear whether Captain America will kick the bucket in Avengers: Infinity War, we now know some juicy details about Nomad, Steve Rogers' other superhero alter-ego.
Fans have been speculating about Chris Evans' character getting a new secret identity for Marvel's upcoming team-up flick ever since he gave his iconic shield back to Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark in Captain America: Civil War. According to the comic books, Rogers takes on the mantle of Nomad after abandoning his title as Captain America, a storyline that seems to be playing out on the big screen.
Evans hinted at the change recently after signing a fan's shield with the words "Cap" and "Nomad." Sebastian Stan, who plays the Winter Soldier and Rogers' best friend Bucky in the MCU, also signed the shield, writing "I'm with Nomad."
Now, directors Anthony and Joe Russo are throwing fuel on the fire thanks to a new post on their joint Instagram account. The Russo brothers shared an interesting promo image on Monday morning, featuring a photo of Evans accompanied by the Nomad moniker.
Will Captain America become Nomad in Avengers: Infinity War?
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Although the new image appears to confirm that Captain America will become the Nomad in Avengers: Infinity War, the photo seems to contradict previous statements about the matter by the Russo Brothers. Joe Russo said on the Fantasy Focus Football ESPN podcast that Evans' character would only embody the spirit of Nomad in the film.
"I wouldn't say that he is exactly Nomad, but he is the spirit of that character," Russo said.
Perhaps that was just to throw fans off the trail. Either way, the world will get to find out for sure when Avengers: Infinity War flies into theaters April 28.