Introducing your kids to the magic of Central Park is part of the fun of being a New York City parent. From the trumpet players under the bridge, to the remote control sailboats and of course the zoo, there is so much to explore.
Related: 5 reason to read to your kids
Now, you can incorporate some of those special moments into storytime with a new book written and illustrated by Marcus Meesters. "The Central Park Tales," is about a group of friendly animals that live in the park and the curious adventures they stumble into.
"The Central Park Tales" is part of a trilogy, each book set in a different world-famous park. The first book, "The Vondelpark Tales" is set in Amsterdam, this New York City-edition is the second, and the third --- coming out in 2016 --- will be set in Hyde Park.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
"My hope is that the trilogy, which is connected by a narrator named Uncle Mouse in all three books, contributes to the rich urban cultures of New York, London, and Amsterdam, creating a new intercultural connection between three beautiful cities," Meester says.
Follow Emily on Twitter: @EmLaurence