Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling is in hot water for making racist remarks to V. Stiviano, his alleged girlfriend.
TMZ is reporting that Stiviano denies that she is or was his girlfriend and that the relationship was strictly professional: "Stiviano is claiming she worked for Sterling for 4 years as his 'archivist' ... along with working for a Clippers charity," reports the gossip site.
The plot thickens: Clippers President Andy Roeser implied that Stiviano released the tape herself and pointed out that the Sterlings have filed a lawsuit against her. According to the Los Angeles Times, the Sterling family is suing Stiviano for allegedly embezzling more than $1.8 million, and Sterling's estranged wife Rochelle is suing the woman in an effort to recover lavish gifts her husband gave to Stiviano without her knowledge. That includes a $1.8 million home, a 2012 Ferrari, two Bentleys and a 2013 Range Rover.
But who is V. Stiviano? According to court documents, the woman has several aliases, including Vanessa Maria Perez, Monica Gallegos and Maria Valdez, reports the Los Angeles Times. Here's what we know about the woman who may or may not have been Sterling's girlfriend (we're guessing they're not on the best terms now).
1. She is an artist, lover, writer, chef, poet, stylist and philanthropist: According to her Instagram bio, at least. She wrote, "One day I will look back at Instagram & say, 'I've been there & I've done that.' I do it all."
2. She appreciates the finer things in life: That's probably obvious from the Ferrari, Bentleys and Range Rover, but Stiviano also posts plenty of photos of her expensive accessories. (She has a penchant for oversized Chanel and Hermes handbags.)
3. She's friends with Karrine Steffans: Stiviano posed for a photo with Steffans, author of "Confessions of a Video Vixen" and Bill Maher's ex-girlfriend, and tagged her in other photos on Instagram.
4. No one seems to know how old she is: Some media outlets say she is 38, while others say she's 31. She'll have you know she is 21, according to a photo of her birthday cake from the fall. One Instagram user asked her if her birthday was on Leap Day.
5. Girlfriend loves hashtags: No one loves hashtags the way V. Stiviano does. Naturally, she created the hashtag #vstiviano, but she also likes using #newyorktimes and #nytimes, oddly enough. It seems that Stiviano is jonesing for a book deal, as evidence by her #publisher #publishing #writer hashtags.
6. She may have hinted about Sterling's comments weeks ago: Three weeks ago, Stiviano posted a photo of herself with her arms outstretched. The caption was: "'IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOUR BROWN OR WHITE, AS LONG AS; YOUR NOT BLACK..' #REGULATED..... #WORLD #GREATEST #DETECTIVE #DreamTeam @laclippers #DREAM #TEAM #NBA #SPORTS #FOX #CBS #LATIMES #NYTIMES #NEWS #BLACKSLAW #CROWNPUBLISHERS #NEWYORK #RANDOMHOUSE #WESTGROUP #CODES #losangeles #losangelesclippers #laclippers #clippers #clippernation #lobcity #cityoflosangeles #cityofangels #angels #wings SPREAD YOUR WINGS AND STAND TALL............." Coincidence? Maybe not.
See more photos here:
What is V. Stiviano wearing? Find out more about her personal style.
What is she reading? Find out here.
Follow Andrea Park on Twitter: @andreapark