Apparently a 40-year-old swimming fan from Seattle is running ESPN the Mag now. That’s the only explanation for the cover of this week’s issue, which features Ryan “Oh, hey. Remember me?” Lochte posing near naked in a pool. It’s an obvious tribute to Nirvana’s Nevermind album, which I suppose will get some audiences excited.
Four cranky things about this cover:
1. Damn, I can’t believe football season is over.
2. DAMN, I CAN’T BELIEVE FOOTBALL SEASON IS OVER!
3. Remember when album covers meant something?
4. Remember when Ryan Lochte meant something?
Gronk is still dancing
Here is more (and clearer) footage of Rob Gronkowski dancing in Las Vegas. NEWS IN 2013 EVERYONE!
What might be most alarming about these “Gronk dancing” videos is that there is rarely a female in sight.
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
Matt Burke is the Sports Editor at Metro Boston. Follow him on Twitter @BurkeMetroBOS