The diva was on vacation in Phuket, Thailand, when she posted a photo of herself with a slow loris on Friday. The slow loris is on the list of protected primates in the country, and Rihanna's photo caught the eye of Phuket police officers. Officers went looking for the vendors who sold her the photo opportunity and arrested a 20-year-old man and a 16-year-old boy. The two face up to four years in prison and a 40,000 baht ($1,300) fine, the AP reports.
Weera Kerdsirimongkon, Phuket district police chief, told the AP that authorities have tried for years to enforce laws protecting wild animals from exploitation; in Thailand, it is common for tourists to pay to play and take photos with exotic animals.
Rihanna is on tour in Asia and is currently in Singapore. She tweeted and posted photos on Instagram from her days off in Thailand, where she also visited one of Phuket's notorious "ping pong shows," a major draw for patrons of Thailand's sex tourism industry. Performers use their genitalia to do tricks with various objects, including ping pong balls.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures