Why is Rob Lowe depriving the "Parks and Recreation" audience of his beloved character, the uber-cheerful Chris Traeger? He had no choice — he had to escape the horrible working environment created by his hellion of a boss, Amy Poehler.
Lowe appeared on David Letterman's show last night, where he joked that he and Rashida Jones are leaving the show because "Amy Poehler deeply offended both of us."
"Amy Poehler's a prick," he deadpanned.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Neither he nor Letterman could keep a straight face for long while badmouthing the most wonderful person in the world, and quickly admitted that she's actually amazing, and the world was once more sane.
After several years of stability, the “Parks and Recreation” cast will lose two key members at once this year. Rashida Jones, who plays “beautiful nurse” Ann Perkins, and Lowe will exit the show this season after the 13th episode, set to air in February.
Showrunner Michael Schur confirmed that he was working on a story arc culminating in both characters’ exits. “We’ve been working on their storyline (on and off) for four seasons now, and heading into this year, with the two of them contemplating parenthood, it felt like a natural time to move them into the next phase,” he said in a statement.