Snoop Dogg’s love for weed is no secret and the rapper is channeling that passion into the launch of Merry Jane — a tech platform that centers on cannabis.
He made the announcement Monday at the technology conference TechCrunch Disrupt in San Francisco. After investing in tech products and platforms in the last year with a focus on the marijuana industry, Snoop Dogg launched the site at the conference with a limited amount of beta testers receiving invites that day, according to techcrunch.com.
“There are so many people in the closet, and we are giving them an opportunity to come out of the closet and just admit they like to smoke, Snoop Dogg said. “ I’m a smoker, my name is Snoop Dogg, and I’m a stoner.”
TechCrunch describes Merry Jane as a “lifestyle media site” that will feature video and editorial content and will serve as an “information hub” for anyone who is interested in pot.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
The site will also go deeper into the industry, looking at issues such as its business side, and inform users on the products that are available.
There are additional plans for a series with celebrity interviews. Seth Rogen and Miley Cyrus are stars that are already on board with the site, Snoop Dogg said.