Well, that was fast — and what may be a new land-speed record for engagement to ceremony.
When British author and comic icon Stephen Fry announced his intentions to wed stand-up comic Elliott Spencer, I didn't realize he meant, "10 days from now." But tie the knot is exactly what Fry and Spencer did over the weekend. And while it was a very small, private affair, Fry was nice enough to keep everyone updated via Twitter. "Gosh. [Spencer] and I go into a room as two people, sign a book and leave as one. Amazing," Fry posted Saturday afternoon on his feed, along with he and Spencer signing a wedding register at the registry office in Dereham, Norfolk.
Fry announced his intentions to marry Spencer on Jan. 6, and the actual marriage seems to have even caught his old friends off-guard, as Hugh Laurie tweeted, "Bloody hell it's happened!" It has, indeed.
— Stephen Fry (@stephenfry) January 17, 2015
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Follow Ned Ehrbar on Twitter: @nedrick