South by Southwest, the art, music, tech and everything festival ends Sunday, though most fans have already left by now. Soon, it will be just a memory, leaving only a trail of beer cans and selfies in its wake. Here are our picks for SXSW's top five most memorable selfies:
1. Kevin Bacon did his fans a solid by including a horde of them in this selfie at a 5K event for the Texas Veterans Commission. These people can all brag that they're just one degree away from Bacon on the selfie separation scale.
Think this one-upped @TheEllenShow. @kevinbacon @texasveterans 5K before #SXSW. Biggest #selfie w/country's heroes! pic.twitter.com/uzTBjCIpul
— SixDegrees.org (@SixDegreesofKB) March 8, 2014
2. Wilmer Valderrama, Zane Holtz, Robert Patrick, Eiza Gonzalez and Jake Busey, among others, mugged for a selfie to promote their TV show "From Dusk Till Dawn" in a sort of bad, B-list knockoff of Ellen Degeneres' star-studded snap from the Oscars. But wait, is that Danny Trejo? Scrap everything we said before. This is an awesome selfie.
The cast of @DuskElRey takes a major #selfie. See more pics from the #SXSW premiere: http://t.co/ETQfEAaCgp pic.twitter.com/TMDIg4l6b7
— From Dusk Till Dawn (@DuskElRey) March 13, 2014
3. Now this is a celeb group selfie we can get onboard with. The cast of beloved TV show and upcoming film "Veronica Mars" joined forces for their "first premier group selfie," with star Kristen Bell pulling the trigger. Does that mean we can look forward to more? We hope so.
First premier group selfie : #TheVeronicaMarsMovie pic.twitter.com/Kwv27CF1sw
— Kristen Bell (@IMKristenBell) March 8, 2014
4. We don't regularly troll the Internet looking for selfies with Justin Bieber, but we're pretty sure most fans look a little more thrilled than Maria Nunez does in this photo. Nunez, a University of Texas journalism student, stole headlines from Bieber after his secret show when she expressed horror, dismay and mockery all in one facial expression.
My selfie with Justin Bieber #SXSW pic.twitter.com/WOWuzdGcEU
— María Núñez (@marianunez64) March 10, 2014
5. The MVP selfie award goes to Mason Endres, 18, who survived the deadly car crash at SXSW. Endres is one of the seven victims who remain in the hospital and has a broken leg, a fractured neck and a broken nose, reports the Statesman. But Endres is still going strong and even got to see a private concert by Jared & The Mill — right in her own hospital room. Endres has made light of her situation, tweeting her selfie and writing, "Still killing that selfie game hospital style ya'll." Keep up the good fight, Mason.
Still killing that selfie game hospital style ya'll pic.twitter.com/Aka0M6OTHT
— mason (@masonendres) March 14, 2014
Follow Andrea Park on Twitter: @andreapark