On last night's third season premiere of "New Girl," the show's romantic-comedy-on-meth formula was on full display.
Schmidt double timed Elizabeth and CeCe; Winston announced a love of puzzles; and Jess and Nick hightailed it to Mexico, where Jess began sartorially morphing into James Franco's character from "Spring Breakers" and Nick got thrown into Mexican resort jail.
However, there's one scene that was apparently too much for "New Girl" showrunner Liz Meriwether: Nick getting spied on in the bathroom. "We might have cut that. That might have been too horrible. I think in one draft he was watched in a bathroom," she told Vulture. "I mean, that’s not a fate that anybody would want. It wasn’t Jess! It wasn’t Jess!"
I mean, it would be kind of amazing if "New Girl" went from polka dots and prat falls to a dark twisted drama about Jess forcing Nick to satisfy her bathroom voyeur fantasies, but... good.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures