Home
 
Choose Your City
Change City

The Word: Courtney Love blew $27 million in 'Nirvana money'

(Photo by Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images) (Photo by Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)

It's official. Courtney Love has spent more money than any of us will probably ever have. And most of that cash she blithely dismisses as "Nirvana money." The nerve! "I lost about $27 million," she tells Australia's Style magazine. "I know that's a lifetime of money to most people, but I'm a big girl, it's rock 'n' roll. It's Nirvana money, I had to let it go." Well, she could've at least been nice enough to let some of it go in my direction, if she was so eager to part with it. Sheesh. And hell, I'm just a Nirvana fan. Imagine what Krist Novoselic would say. "I make enough to live on, I'm financially solvent, I focus on what I make now," Love says, adding insult to injury. So where did those millions go? Well, a lot of it came from her habit of mixing prescription drugs and social networking. As you do. Love explains that she'd get loaded and make remarks on Twitter that would result in people suing her, and she's still working out a few of those libel cases. But don't worry, she's a big girl. It's rock 'n' roll.

Are Jay-Z and Beyonce faking their breakup to boost ticket sales?


So we've all been watching these mounting gossip items about trouble between Beyonce and Jay-Z all summer, with word coming that the power couple might file for divorce before their joint tour wraps up next month. But maybe we've all be fools, duped by Bey and Jay using the very gossip mill that made them stars in the first place. Publicist — and pal of the couple — Jonathan Hay tells the Sun that all the divorce drama is an act to drum up business for their "On the Run" summer tour. "They are driving interest for the tour. If you look at the timing of these stories, I don't think this is a coincidence," Hay says. "Once the tour is over, they will put a stop to these stories and show everything is fine at home." Only time will tell, of course, as there's only about a month left in the tour. Pretty crafty on Hay's part, honestly, as even if the couple is actually having troubles, should they manage to work through them Hay can claim to be right anyway.

Can't Chloe Moretz just enjoy some innocent skateboarding with a boy?


Apparently now that E! News has broken the seal on the purported teenage romance between 17-year-old Chloe Moretz and 15-year-old Brooklyn Beckham, the topic is fair game, as the Sunday Times magazine interrupted an interview with the "If I Stay" actress to press her on the issue. Only one thing, though: Moretz ain't having it. "I don't even know what dating is at this point. It's all so stupid," said Moretz, who was recently seen enjoying an afternoon of skateboarding with Young Master Beckham. "Why can't you just hang out with each other? Go to dinner if you want to? Why can't you go skateboarding if you want to go skateboarding with a guy?" Oh, honey. You're going to be asking yourself questions like that for a long, long time.

Kate Winslet's husband, Ned Rocknroll, is a stay-at-home dad


Kate Winslet's husband, Ned Rocknroll, has reportedly left his marketing executive gig with uncle Richard Branson's Virgin Galactic space tourism concern, according to the Daily Mail. Exactly when Rocknroll quit the gig is a matter of some debate, but it appears he's enjoying being a full-time stay-at-home dad for Winslet's kids and the baby they share, a boy born in December. "Ned is absolutely incredible and he looks after all of us," Winslet has previously said. "The other day, [my son] Joe asked, 'How come there are no other dads in the school run?' And we both went: 'It's because this is the way we're doing it.' The kids really love that."

Han Solo heads back to work


Good news, "Star Wars" fans. Han Solo seems to be doing just fine. Harrison Ford was spotted looking fit as ever boarding a private jet in Los Angeles this weekend, presumably heading back to London to continue work on "Star Wars: Episode VII" after a production-upsetting injury earlier this year. The shooting schedule for the highly anticipated sequel was rearranged to accommodate Ford's recovery time, as the star of the original film trilogy is said to have a significant role in the new installment.

Follow Ned Ehrbar on Twitter: @nedrick

RelatedArticles
 
 
You Might Also Like