Much has been made of the absence of Superman's signature red panties in the new Superman film. But "Man of Steel" star Henry Cavill had a different issue with his costume: It's all one piece, which made it very difficult for him to go to the bathroom.
“It’s quite a tight suit,” he told the New York Post. “Going to the lavatory wasn’t the easiest thing. It would take some time to get in and out, [so] I’d have to wait. [While filming] in Chicago, I could drink as much as I wanted because I’d sweat, and it would be fine. But [in] Vancouver, where it was cold . . . I got one bottle of water every half-day . . . brutal.”
A modest suggestion for the costume design department: Next time, build in a superfly.
The sets of summer blockbusters are fraught with all sorts of perils of late: Just yesterday, Mark Wahlberg and Michael Bay were evacuated from the “Transformers 4″ set last night when a small fire started during the shoot. The robot sequel was filming at a house in Pflugerville, Texas yesterday. Wahlberg and others smelled smoke, and a crew member rushed upstairs to find the attic was on fire.
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
Wahlberg and the rest of the cast and crew took as much of the shoot’s equipment out as they could as they evacuated the house. Austin and Pflugerville firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze. Only one person was injured.