John Legend, singer, piano man, and perhaps most importantly, devoted husband of Chrissy Teigen, has never exactly been a fan of President Trump. But over the weekend, his Twitter was hacked, and the imposter had a pretty aggressive agenda.
In a string of profanity-laden tweets, user @Owen755 took over Legend’s feed, calling Trump a number of sassy, unprintable things. “I can’t stop by and be silent, @realDonaldTrump,” wrote the troll. “And if I see you, I’m stomping your s--t you f--kin’ cheetoh.” According to Cosmopolitan, the user has since been suspended.
The 38-year-old took it all in stride, though.
I'm back. My hacker was vulgar and kinda hilarious. I'll try to be funnier from now on so he won't feel the need to ghost write for me.— John Legend (@johnlegend) February 25, 2017
"I'm back," he wrote. "My hacker was vulgar and kinda hilarious. I'll try to be funnier from now on so he won't feel the need to ghost write for me."
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
I would never threaten violence to the President. No matter how much I wish he would go away.— John Legend (@johnlegend) February 25, 2017
I wouldn't call him a Cheeto because I enjoy Cheetos.— John Legend (@johnlegend) February 25, 2017
After assuring his fans that he would never threaten harm against the president, Legend wrote something so cherished, so relatable, so brilliant, that I briefly considered listening to his music again. "I wouldn't call him a Cheeto because I enjoy Cheetos." Bless this man.
Chrissy Teigen got in on the fun too. Apparently the one change the hacker made that Legend didn't notice? Some brief commentary about the size of his downstairs area.
Cheers to the couple that we really ought to be tired of, but that are just so damn charming that you can't help yourself.