You may have shed a tear (or a bucket) at not getting one of the 150 tickets to the American Museum of Natural History's first-ever adult sleepover, which sold out in less than a day.
Thankfully, Gawker has the goods on exactly what went down. Among the highlights:
- Celebrity deaths 2018: All the stars we lost too soon 46 Pictures
- Photos: Starbucks Reserve Roastery NYC reconnects you with your coffee 48 Pictures
- The welcome dinner featured unlimited wine.
- Yes, there was sex in an exhibit hall (and during an educational demonstration!)
- You may actually like spiders if you learn a bit about them.
However, it seems that for one reason or another, not a lot of actual sleep happened during the event, and that 7 a.m. come for us all too soon:
"I've never slept in a Victorian orphanage, but my guess is that it's pretty similar to spending the night at the American Museum of Natural History. … I woke up three hours later to an omnipotent voice (the whale?) breathing 'Good morning, grown-ups' over the hall like I'd somehow stumbled into the Ministry of Truth and had to begin my shift altering history books to appease Big Brother."
Follow Eva Kis on Twitter @thisiskis or email email@example.com.