I assume that no one with half a brain ever trusts their senses around professional prankster Sacha Baron Cohen. That Eastern European racist could turn out to be a British Jew. That bike he got for your birthday might have a camera onboard that records your provincial attitudes. Probably his wife Isla Fisher is prepared for the inevitable day that she discovers she's been married to a kipper all this time.
So presumably the audience at the BAFTA LA Jaguar Britannia Awards (no, the name of the awards show is not the prank) were at least somewhat prepared for what befell them when Cohen was called to the dais to accept theCharlie Chaplin Award For Excellence In Comedy. I hope so, anyway, because it would be pretty upsetting otherwise. After an old woman introduced as Grace Coddington, the oldest living actress to have worked with Charlie Chaplin, presented Baron Cohen with Chaplin's cane, he fiddled around with it and knocked the poor old lady right out of her wheelchair.
Of course, "Grace Coddington" was a stuntwoman and the whole thing was planned. Cohen didn't just give a roomful of "Doctor Who" stars in fancy dress PTSD. So that's all right then. Watch the prank for yourself below.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures