Sick of logging on to Facebook and seeing that yet another one of your dummy “friends” has shared the link to some listicle titled “20 Telltale Signs That You Need Oxygen To Live along with 20 GIFS Proving That You Watched Nickelodeon As a Kid But Now You're in Your Late 20s and That's Better Because 20 is the Number We Make Lists Out Of,” or whatever? Us too.
“OMG,” this person has written, along with the posted link that, before the day is out, about 45 more dummies will also share, glutting your newsfeed with idiocy and sort of making you consider quitting the Internet, “this is sooo true!”
Gah. If we never see another listicle of animated kitteh GIFs illustrating why Mondays are the WORST, we'd probably be OK with that. But that’s not going to happen. Because the Internet will continue to pump them out as long as people keep sharing ‘em. And, dear God, we'll probably keep clicking on them. Because, kittehs!
Luckily, as you slog through all the crap floating around on the world wide web, you sometimes stumble across something brilliant. Today, that something is this new 'Buzzfeed Articles Without the GIFs' Tumblr. It’s the captions from Buzzfeed GIF listicles. With the GIFS removed. And the captions strung together to form one long narrative. And it’s pretty great.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
8 Reasons Candy Corn Is The Worst(Minus The GIFs)
It’s neither candy nor corn. Well, it might technically be a candy and includes corn syrup as an ingredient, but honestly, it just doesn’t count. Candy corn leaves kids feeling sad and unfulfilled. Wax is an actual ingredient in candy corn. The other ingredients are sugar, corn syrup, salt, egg whites and colorings. When trick or treating, it is almost always distributed in a homemade bag. Oreo couldn’t even make candy corn work. If you hand out candy corn on Halloween, you will be lame. You will end up with a lot of leftover wax-candy.