In yet another international restaurant ranking, Chicago restaurant Alinea has taken the top spot and claimed the title of world’s best dining destination for the third year in a row.
According to readers of Elite Traveler magazine, which targets a jetsetting, affluent crowd, chef Grant Achatz’s avant-garde, triple Michelin-starred restaurant is the best in class.
Unlike Restaurant magazine’s World’s 50 Best Restaurants awards ranking, which is compiled by a panel of expert food critics, journalists, chefs and restaurateurs, the Elite Top 100 is pitched as a more demographic ranking, with results based on diner feedback and votes.
Here are this year’s top 10 restaurants as voted by readers of Elite Traveler magazine:
1. Alinea, Chicago, US
2. DANIEL, New York, US
3. Fat Duck, Bray, UK
4. Eleven Madison Park, New York, US
5. Le Bernardin, New York, US
6. El Celler Can Roca, Spain
7. Azurmendi, Spain
8. La Pergola, Rome, Italy
9. The Ledbury, London, UK
10. Osteria Francescana, Italy
- Photos: Women's March In New York City30 Pictures
- PHOTOS: 16 Betty White quotes to brighten your day17 Pictures