The new year brings with it many reasons to spend a weekend in Philadelphia, and the Visit Philly Overnight Hotel Package ensures that the getaway won’t damage the budget.
The offer includes a two-night stay for any two consecutive nights of the week at 20 hotels, a welcome gift and free hotel parking (up to a $100 value at Center City hotels) — a hard-to-resist perk for New Yorkers. The package will be offered by hotels — based upon availability — all year long. Booking information is available at visitphilly.com/overnight.
Why spend a couple of nights in Philadelphia this winter?
• A Long Weekend: Valentine’s Day/Presidents Day weekend (Feb. 14-17) gives visitors three full days to explore. Those celebrating the life of King and the U.S. presidents will enjoy visits to the city’s famed historic sites and museums: Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, President’s House, The African American Museum in Philadelphia, the National Constitution Center, among many others. Of course, the city offers plenty of options for romantics as well: restaurants galore (R2L, XIX and Le Virtu, to name a few), outdoor pursuits (Blue Cross RiverRink, Magic Gardens, the Mural Arts Program’s Love Letter tour) and an abundance of art (Barnes Foundation, Philadelphia Museum of Art and Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts).
- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
• Special Events: Two major events that heat Philadelphia every winter are the Philadelphia Auto Show, featuring 700 pre-production, hot-production, classic and green vehicles from a range of manufacturers; and the PHS Philadelphia Flower Show, showcasing top-of-the-line floral and landscape design, entertainment and more than 180 vendors. The Auto Show takes place from Feb. 8-16, and the Flower Show runs from March 1-9. Both take place at the Pennsylvania Convention Center.
• Special Exhibits: Jan. 26 is the last chance for wanna-be princesses to see From Philadelphia to Monaco: Grace Kelly, An American Icon at the James A. Michener Museum in nearby Doylestown. Also worth a visit: Life and Death in Pompeii, through April 27 at The Franklin Institute; and the 2014 Flamenco Festival, March 3-16 at various locations throughout the city.
Content submitted by Visit Philadelphia