Let's just put aside "Tower Heist" director and would-be Academy Awards producer Brett Ratner - who's now in the hot seat for having publicly said "rehearsal is for fags" and for making a number of disgusting comments about allegedly sleeping with Olivia Munn and Lindsay Lohan on Howard Stern's morning radio show. Now, the focus is on replacing host Eddie Murphy, who exited the project once Ratner resigned. Who would be the best candidate for taking the thankless role? We have a few ideas.
1. Neil Patrick Harris -- Now is the moment for NPH to complete his own version of an EGOT, hosting literally every televised award show there is to host, with this, the Super Bowl of the genre. He sings, he dances, he's beloved as Barney Stinson on "How I Met Your Mother," and we all totally forgave him for being in that awful "Smurfs" movie. Give him the cane and top hat already.
2. The Kardashians -- The best actresses on television! Ba-dum pssh!
3. Leonard DiCaprio (in full makeup as J. Edgar Hoover) and Meryl Streep (in full costume as Margaret Thatcher) -- It's a big year for films about historical figures and while "J. Edgar" is already getting panned for DiCaprio's distracting makeup, maybe he'd have better luck playing the paunch for laughs.
4. Kermit the Frog -- We want this new "Muppets" movie to be so great that there will be dozens of sequels we'd actually welcome with open arms. Having the ultimate leading frog in the driver's seat would only make this more likely.
5. Hugh Jackman -- Did everyone already forget how great Jackman was when he hosted the Oscars in 2009?