• 4 fresh or frozen and thawed halibut steaks
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) water
• 1/4 cup (50 ml low-sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 cup (50 ml) dry sherry or low-sodium chicken broth
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) sugar
• 2 tsp (10 ml) dry mustard
• 1 tsp (5 ml) ground ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
1. Rinse fish and pat dry. For marinade: In jar with tight-fitting lid, combine water, soy sauce, dry sherry, sugar, mustard, ginger and garlic. Cover; shake well. Pour marinade into large heavy-duty plastic bag. Add fish. Close bag. Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours, turning bag occasionally.
2. Preheat broiler. Drain fish, reserving marinade. Arrange fish on lightly greased rack of broiler pan. Brush fish with reserved marinade. Broil 5 in. (13 cm) from heat for 5 minutes. Using wide spatula, carefully turn fish over. Brush with reserved marinade. Broil 5 to 7 minutes more or until fish flakes when tested with fork.
– For nutritional information on this and other great recipes, go to www.rd.ca