From fun accessories to dorm must-haves, what’s on our shopping list this season.
1. Before lengthy calls home to mom, plug this retro-style phone receiver into your cell. It blocks radiation by up to 96 percent, is Skype-friendly and is compatible with most mobile devices. $30, www.nativeunion.com
2. This messenger-style bag from Kipling is designed with busy students — and teachers — in mind, packing a ton of compartments for books, papers, pens and gadgets. $84, available at select Macy’s and at www.kipling-usa.com
3. Protect your fancy new iPad with these covers featuring old-school classics. We won’t tattle if you’re reading TMZ behind them. $40-$50, www.outofprintclothing.com
4. The Livescribe Echo smartpen records everything you hear and write, and can then sync up to programs such as Google Docs. $99, available at Target, Amazon and Best Buy stores.
5. We don’t want to spell it out for you, but dorm mattresses? They’ve lived a rich life before you. Therapedic’s waterproof cotton mattress pads provide a buffer — and have an odor eliminator for worst-case scenarios. $40-$100 at Bed Bath & Beyond stores nationwide.
6. Colorful bedding is a must when you’re working with clunky, generic dorm furniture. Burlington Coat Factory has a ton of bedding kits to do the trick, but we love this pretty, calming teal set.