Perhaps a sign that the New York Jets are on the upswing is the inclusion of two players on the NFL Network's The Top 100 Players of 2015. On Wednesday night, two Jets were unveiled on the prestigious list, meaning that with the list now halfway unveiled the organization already has more star players than it did in the 2014 rankings.
Acquired in an offseason trade, former Chicago Bears wide receiver Brandon Marshall was revealed at No. 57 as was rising star defensive end Sheldon Richardson who made an appearance at No. 55. Two weeksago, defensive end Muhammad Wilkerson, who has missed offseason workouts as he hopes for a new contract, was voted in at No. 74.
The three Jets on the list is a sign of the times for a team that vastly improved this offseason. On the 2014 list, only Wilkerson (No. 42) and Richardson (No. 94) were the only Jets to crack the rankings.
The Jets should figure to have one other player in the Top 100 with Darrelle Revis, last season with the New England Patriots, a lock to get a ranking. In 2014 after a rough season with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Revis still came in at No. 37 despite playing on a bad team and being just a season removed from a serious knee injury.
The good news for the Jets is that after having two defensive players on the list in 2014, they have in Marshall a player who is truly elite on the offensive side of the ball. Last season, Marshall was ranked No. 36 on the list.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
- 2018 Emmy Awards: List of winners, red carpet looks 29 Pictures
The NFL Top 100 Players is an annual list voted on by players based not just on the previous year's performance but also based on expectations for the upcoming year. Last season, Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was the top player on the list.