As if we really needed an excuse to down some wine on a Saturday, Feb. 18 happens to be National Drink Wine Day.
But instead of spouting off some hoity-toity gobbledygook about bouquets and tannins and mouth feel, why not spout one of these quotes as your pour your next glass?
• “I think musicians have always been drinking and sharing a good wine. It is, I hate to say this, another form of vice.” Tom Arayaof Slayer
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
• “A gourmet meal without a glass of wine just seems tragic to me somehow.” Singer Kathy Mattea
• “We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine.” Writer Eduardo Galeano
• “What I like to drink most is wine that belongs to others.” Greek philosopher Diogenes
• “I love my job but, at the end of the day, I want to come home and watch a movie and drink a bottle of wine with my husband.” Actress Anna Faris
• “Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” Saint Thomas Aquinas
• “I’d much rather eat pasta and drink wine than be a size 0.” Actress Sophia Bush
• “Wine is bottled poetry.” Writer Robert Louis Stevenson
• “I never taste the wine first in restaurants, I just ask the waiter to pour.” Food personality Nigella Lawson
And, of course, no wine-quote list is complete without this oft-used saying from Benjamin Franklin:
• “Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.”