In anticipation of SELF Magazine's Workout in the Park on May 10, Harper shared some of his favorite fitness moves with us.
1. "Never underestimate how much you can get out of adding a jump rope into your workout routine. It’s a great blast of cardio!”
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
2. "The best overall body move to add to any gym routine would be the Burpee. There is nothing better!”
3. "Grab a pair of challenging dumbbells in the gym, pop them up on your shoulders, proceed to squat deep, and as you stand back up, shoot the weight over head. This move is called a ‘thruster.’ Not only is it challenging, it is another total body movement that hits you on every level.”
If you go
SELF Workout in the Park
Bob Harper will lead a workout and sign copies of his new book “Skinny Meals” at May 10th’s SELF Workout in the Park (11 a.m.-3 p.m., Central Park, rain or shine). Tickets ($30) include a one-year subscription to SELF Magazine. Get yours at www.selfworkoutinthepark.com.