First, Ikea released its sleek upscale Stockholm collection inspired by mid-century modern classics. H&M followed with the launch of their much-anticipated home line and e-commerce site — seriously, the copper candle holders and knit throws look straight out of a high-end boutique. Now, Crate and Barrel is leaving us no choice but to start hosting.
The furnishings brand partnered with renowned Italian interior designer Paola Navone — a wiz at creating funky, modern decor inspired by Asian and African handicrafts — for three collections, the first of which centers on “casual entertaining.”
So what exactly do causal shindigs mean for Navone?
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
Based on the first installation — launching on Crateandbarrel.com on Sept. 9 — we’d say a packed dinner party with lots of good eats. The designer created tabletop essentials, including platters, bowls, cutlery sets and linens in electric blue-and-white patterns (she was inspired by the Mediterranean). To shake things up, pops of red appear on a swirly candleholder and industrial lights, and a woven chair with reclaimed teak legs add warmth.
The collection also includes 11 dining table options, which shoppers can mix and match with nine seating styles. Our favorite is the gray and white bench, complete with an elegant backrest.
No one’s leaving our table hungry or with a backache.