Buy mini hot dogs and buns for kids and use full sizes for adults.1/3
Buy mini hot dogs and buns for kids and use full sizes for adults.
Wings are a Super Bowl staple, and these Asian style wings won't be too spicy for |Provided2/3
Wings are a Super Bowl staple, and these Asian style wings won't be too spicy for |Provided
"This was the kids' favorite out of everything on the last game day party I throug|Provided3/3
"This was the kids' favorite out of everything on the last game day party I throug|Provided
There's one sure way to keep your kids quiet during the Super Bowl so the real sports fans can actually watch the game. And that something is food. We asked two kids party foods pros to reveal their best Super Bowl recipes - and they're all something both kids and adults will enjoy.
Three recipes from "Cool Game Day Parties: Beyond The Basics for Kids Who Cook" author Lisa Wagner
Perfect Party Pizza Dip
8-ounce package cream cheese
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt or powder
1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
1 put pizza suace
three of your favorite pizza toppings
1. Put the cream cheese, oregano, basil and garlic salt or powder in a small bowl. Use a fork to mash the ingredients together until well blended.
2. Spread the mixture evenly in a pie plate with a rubber spatula.
3. Sprinkle half the mozzarella cheese and half the Parmesan cheese on top.
4. Spread the pizza sauce over the cheeses. Top with your favorite pizza toppings. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. Cover the pie plate with waxed paper and microwave for 3 minutes. If the cheese isn't quite melted, microwave for another minute. Serve hot with chips.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Classic Chili Dogs
2 pounds ground beef
1 small onion, finely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/4 cup white or brown sugar
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1/4 cup yellow mustard
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
12 hot dogs
12 hot dog buns
1. Put the ground beef and onion in a large frying pan. Cook over medium-high heat. Use a rubber spatula to break up meat as it cooks. Cook the meat until it is no longer pink.
2. Put the strainer in the mixing bowl. Line it with paper towels. Pour in the meat and onion mixture to drain the grease.
3. Put the drained meat and onion mixture in a saucepan. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Cover the pan. Cook over low heat for about an hour. Stir in the rest of the ingredients. Cover the pan. Cook over low heat for about an hour. Stir occasionally.
4. Heat the hot dogs. Put them in the buns. Let your guests top them with the chili sauce, pickle spears and other condiments.
Delicious Asian-Style Wings
2 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
3 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon sesame oil3 pounds chicken wings
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat the over to 425 degrees. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
2. Put the garlic in a large mixing bowl. Mash it with a fork. Add the soy sauce, Hoisin sauce, honey and sesame oil. Stir until well blended.
3. Wash the chicken wings. Dry them well with paper towels.
4. Add the chicken wings to the bowl. Toss to coat the wings with marinade. Arrange the wings on a baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Turn the wings over. Bake for 15 more minutes. The wings should be crispy on the outside and no longer pink inside.
6. Put the wings on a serving plate. Sprinkle the sesame seeds and scallions over the wings.
One recipe from simmworksfamily.com blogger Danielle Simmons:
Pierogies With Onions And Peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
3 hot Louisiana style chicken sausage links, sliced
1 box Mrs. T's potato & chedder pierogies
1.Heat saute pan on medium heat and add oil. When oil is hot add onions and bell peppers to the pan. Saute for 3-4 minutes or until onions are translucent. Add sliced sausage and frozen pierogies.
2. Cover and let cook 3-5 minutes stirring every so often so the pierogies don't burn. Flip pierogies over and let cook for another 5 minutes or until done.