- PHOTOS: What's Brewing in Steamy Hallows, the Harry Potter-Inspired Cafe19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Frida Kahlo at the Brooklyn Museum doesn't hold back23 Pictures
Each season there are a few beauty looks that stop us in our tracks, a la the braided crown atValentino last spring. In Milan on Tuesday, itwas the regal romantic chignons at Dolce & Gabbana's Fall 2013 show. Though the opulent Byzantine-themed collection screamedroyalty ( models even walked down the runway in crows), stylist Guido Palau wanted his elegant buns to exudea sense of ease — like the kind of 'do confident Italian beauties such as Sofia Loren or the women in "La Dolce Vita" would throw their hair up in, explained the Redken Creative Consultant.
Here are his steps to creative the look, perfect for your grand affairs, a.k.a. upcoming summer weddings.
1. Spray RedkenGuts 10 Volume Spray to damp hair and blow dry using a round brush.
2. Dividing the crown section by section, spray RedkenQuick Tease 15. Hold each section for a few seconds to let it dry before moving onto the next.
3. Backcomb hair to create light, airy volume throughout the crown.
4. Create a short (1 inch) part that's slightly off center and gently brush hair back into a chignon at the nape of the neck.
5. Secure stylewith pins and spray with RedkenShine Flash 02 mist for a glossy finish.