We can’t all be chef Gordon Ramsay in the kitchen, knowing exactly when our food is cooked to perfection and safe to eat. But that shouldn’t stop us from cooking.
The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ new app “Is My Food Safe?” makes it easier to avoid food poisoning.
The app highlights four different sections:
Is It Done Yet?
This option provides the user with the minimum internal cooking temperature that their food requires in order to make if safe for eating.
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Looking back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- What you need to know about MTV's 'How Far Is Tattoo Far?' 9 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Are Blac Chyna and Rob Kardashian getting back together? 8 Pictures
- Anne Frank's Diary now comes as a graphic novel 3 Pictures
- Reimagine End of Life celebrates all things death and dying 5 Pictures
Time to Toss?
With information of when to throw out food you’ve been storing, this app helps to ensure that the food you are eating hasn’t already gone bad.
Quiz: Is My Kitchen Safe?
This interactive quiz tests your knowledge of kitchen safety, grades your kitchen on the subject and teaches you how to use your kitchen to prepare food that is not contaminated.
Ask An Expert
The app answers common questions about food poisoning, provides safety tips and facts as well as the option to ask dietitian nutritionists about your food safety concerns.
The app is free, available for iPhone and Android devices and can be downloaded at www.homefoodsafety.org/app.
Follow Julie Kayzerman on Twitter @juliekayzerman.