You've got your New Year's resolutions set, but this year, add some on for Fido's sake. Use this advice from BluePearl Veterinary Partnersto keep your little (or big!) one happy and healthy in the new year.
- Consider quitting smoking for yourself and your pet. Second-hand smoke isn’t only harmful to people, but also to pets. Kick the habit to help keep yourself and your furry friend alive longer.
- Exercise with your pet. Exercising for both people and pets is a great way to stay in shape. The life expectancy of a pet can be significantly increased with an active lifestyle.
- Make sure you maintain regular visits with your family veterinarian. Pets age much faster than people, so doctors from BluePearl recommend taking your pet to your veterinarian twice a year.
- Consider obtaining a pet insurance policy to assist with funding in the event of a veterinary emergency. Companies like Trupanion offer pet health insurance. That can mean the difference between being able to save your furry friend or having to make the difficult decision to put him or her to sleep.
- Start an emergency fund. Setting aside $20 to $40 per paycheck can be a perfect way to save for emergency care.