Cathy Walthers set out to write her next book about using vegetables in cocktails. But like stores and farmers all over the world, she got detoured by the mightiest green vegetable.
- PHOTOS: Celebrities attend 'Avengers: Endgame' premiere in Los Angeles22 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures
“Kale, Glorious Kale” comes out this month, and Walthers will be signing copies on Sept. 23 from 1-2 p.m. at Fruit Center (79 Waters St.). She’ll also share her techniques at a cooking class Sept. 24 from 5:30-7 p.m. at Fruit Center’s second-floor café (10 Bassett St.). The $25 ticket includes a signed copy of the book.
The events are part of Cookbook Author Month at Fruit Center, which begins this Thursday, Sept. 11, and will feature four other local writers:
- Amy Traverso, "The Apple Lover's Cookbook"
- Béatrice Peltre, "La Tartine Gourmand"
- Leigh Belanger, "The Boston Homegrown Cookbook"
- Paula Marcoux, "Cooking with Fire"
Follow Eva Kis on Twitter @thisiskis or email firstname.lastname@example.org.