- Yoga Local NYC, an app that helps you find yoga classes across the city, has teamed up with LUNA to offer more than 500 free class passes to more than 25 yoga studios in our 'hood, like Brooklyn's Bend & Bloom and Yoga Vida in Union Square. Download the app or visit www.lunafreeyogaseries.com. Hurry — the promo ends Wednesday.
- Is laughter really the best medicine? Find out by taking a laughing yoga class tomorrow night. Francine Shore bills herself as "NYC's Laughter Stylist," and she wants her class participants to come on, get happy. In her hour-and-fifteen-minute classes, you'll perform yoga that incorporates laughter in order to reduce your stress, ignite your playful side and even enhance your creativity. Class is $6 and starts tomorrow at 6 p.m. at 151 W. 26th St., room 606. Visit www.laughteryogasalonnyc.com for a full schedule.
- We're all a little more laid-back during the summer, and Pure Yoga is no exception. The usually membership-based studios are opening their doors to the masses in these warmer temps, offering $30 drop-in rates for yoga (weekends only) and Figure 4. Purchase a class at www.pureyoga.com.
Move it on Monday
The Mondays Campaign, the people behind Meatless Mondays —which encourages folks to go vegetarian once a week for health purposes — know that a healthy Monday starts your week on the right foot. Now, they're thinking beyond diet by introducing a free, interactive, web-based fitness program called Move It Monday. The plan comprises workout podcasts with illustrated instructions (no gym required), plus mileage, weight and physical activity trackers so you can keep tabs on your progress. Download it at https://my.fitango.com/planstore.php.
- PHOTOS: Filipino devotees nailed to crosses to re-enact crucifixion4 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Memorial spotlights the man behind Nipsey Hussle rap persona14 Pictures