LINDSAY LOHAN X LAVISH ALICE|Lavish Alice1/4 LINDSAY LOHAN X LAVISH ALICE|Lavish Alice
LINDSAY LOHAN X LAVISH ALICE|Lavish Alice2/4 LINDSAY LOHAN X LAVISH ALICE|Lavish Alice
LINDSAY LOHAN X LAVISH ALICE|Lavish Alice3/4 LINDSAY LOHAN X LAVISH ALICE|Lavish Alice
LINDSAY LOHAN X LAVISH ALICE|Lavish Alice4/4 LINDSAY LOHAN X LAVISH ALICE|Lavish Alice
Lindsay Lohan’s name has been synonymous with many things over the years, from the highs of movies “Parent Trap” and “Mean Girls” to the lows of the leaked sex list and completing 100 hours of community service for reckless driving. Now the actress has gone back to the drawing board in a 16-piece Seventies-inspired collaboration – including fringed and tasselled tops, culottes, tailored shorts and a cape blazer – with British high street brand Lavish Alice. It’s LiLo’s first foray into fashion since her panned collection for French luxury house Emanuel Ungaro back in 2009. Clearly it’s not put her off, with the 28-year-old – who is now living in London – explaining why she loves stepping in to the role of fashion designer.
What direction did you want to take the Lavish Alice collection?
- Most definitely my wardrobe and the shapes I love provided a lot of the inspiration for the collection, along with the catwalks for autumn / winter ‘15. I love fashion, and have collected some amazing pieces over the years. To me fashion is very fun and I want everyone to also have a good experience with it!
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- Here's what it's like to fish for your dinner at Zauo NYC (photos) 21 Pictures
Do you see yourself creating your own brand like the Olsen twins?
- I’d love to get further involved with fashion and designing, but my true passion is always going to be acting first and foremost. If I wasn’t an actress, I could definitely see myself as a fashion designer. I love the whole creative process of designing and it’s so cool to see the concept develop from an idea to a sketch to then seeing the final product available to purchase.
How did this collaboration come about?
- It was an organic decision to work with Lavish Alice. I first noticed the brand when I was doing the play (“Speed-The-Plow”) in the West End, and wore a few of their pieces. The relationship evolved quite naturally from there.
Has your style evolved since living in London?
- My style changes from day-to-day and I love trying new looks. I pull out different pieces from my wardrobe, put them together and see how it turns out. Currently I love relaxed tailoring, mini dresses and fringing – that’s why I’ve incorporated all three into the collection.
What do you think about Kate Middleton’s look?
- She’s a princess! What’s not to like?