This morning Donna Karan International (DKI) announced that Dao-Yi Chow and Maxwell Osborne, the founders and creative directors of high fashion streetwear brand, Public School have been named the new Creative Directors of DKNY — one of the most iconic New York City labels.
“DKNY has always been a part of the landscape of the this city in our formative years as designers and as New Yorkers. It’s one of the brands that helped change the game for us and for American fashion,” Chow and Osborne said in a statement.
Now it’s time for the “It” urban designers to help bring fresh energy to the brand. In the past few years Chow and Osborne have won a string of accolades including the CFDA award for Menswear Designer of the Year in 2014 and, most recently, the 2014/2015 International Woolmark Prize.
- PHOTOS: New art and old relics at Mickey Mouse's NYC gallery 25 Pictures
- PHOTOS: See Yes on 3 supporters react to historic transgender rights Question 3 win 11 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look back at Queen performing in the 1970s and 1980s 22 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: A look at Idris Elba's style through the years 20 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Heidi Klum's annual Halloween party and other amazing celebrity costumes 17 Pictures
- These are the spookiest cities per capita in the U.S. 5 Pictures
- Food Network star talks pumpkin carving 1 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
- Is Cardi B pregnant again? This tweet has people guessing 6 Pictures
- Natural Museum's best wildlife photos of the year 5 Pictures
To help DKNY stand out in the contemporary market, Donna Karan International also created a Chief Image Officer position for Hector Muelas — formally of Apple.
“Our new creative team has a solid platform to re-energize and redefine what authentic New York means for DKNY right now given today’s world of fast living, extreme innovation and global competition at the highest level,” said Caroline Brown, CEO of DKI.
The big reveal will happen during New York Fashion Week in September. And don’t worry Public School fans, Chow and Osborne who continue to design the line.