Starbucks lovers everywhere rejoiced at the return of the Pumpkin Spice Latte.
Except, apparently, for vegans.
“No no, they make mine with soy,” you vegans might be thinking. But as Brent Caldwell of Ferndale, Michigan discovered, the latte mix itself contains dairy.
“There is currently no vegan option for this drink mix, which is a total bummer,” Caldwell said in his petition to Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz on Change.org. “The mix contains condensed milk. Employees don’t even realize it has milk in it!”
- American Music Awards 2018: Red carpet looks, list of winners 23 Pictures
- All of these celebrities have had their nudes leaked 35 Pictures
- PHOTOS: The best cosplay of NYCC 2018, Day 3 44 Pictures
- A look back at Heidi Klum's best Halloween costumes 19 Pictures
- PHOTOS: Nightmare Machine, the haunted house for millennials 14 Pictures
- Who is Alexander Edwards, Amber Rose's new boyfriend? 9 Pictures
Starbucks confirmed toConsumerist that the Pumpkin Spice Latte mix does contain condensed milk. But they offered an alternative for vegans desperate for that taste of fall: Starbucks VIA Pumpkin Spice flavored instant coffee brewed with soy milk.
Is that a fair compromise? “Nothing about ‘pumpkin’ or ‘spice’ has to come from an animal,” Caldwell says. So far, more than 2,500petitioners agree.